Michigan Citizens for Justice provides support, encouragement and information that will be a positive tool for working together to reform the current laws and policies so that they will be fact-based and will not only promote public safety, but honor human dignity, and offer holistic prevention, healing, and restoration.
- To reform sex offender laws, including the Sex Offender Registry.
- To educate the public on the realities of sex offender laws,
- To incorporate into laws empirically proven, risk assessment tools involving dynamic factors,
- To continue to grow our membership, so that we become the voice that needs to be heard,
- To become more active with our state legislature and leaders by letter writing, phone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings,
- To promote limiting Registry access to law enforcement agencies only,
- To support removal of residency restrictions.
- To support laws and legislation that prevent retroactive increases in registration requirements, restrictions, or punishment.
- To educate the general public with facts, reason, and statistics, thereby reducing fear and violence toward sexual offenders, and promoting supportive and trusting interaction.